Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
§19.91 Operating permit.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, a person must obtain an operating permit under the IRC in order to:
(1) Distill for industrial use;
(2) Warehouse spirits for industrial use;
(3) Denature spirits;
(4) Warehouse spirits (without bottling) for nonindustrial use;
(5) Bottle or package spirits for industrial use;
(6) Manufacture articles; or
(7) Engage in any other distilling, warehousing, or processing operation not required to be covered by a basic permit under the Federal Alcohol Administration Act (49 Stat. 978; 27 U.S.C. 203, 204).
(b) Exception. The requirement to obtain an operating permit does not apply to an agency of a State, or political subdivision of a State, or an officer or employee of, and acting for, such an agency.
(26 U.S.C. 5171, 5271)