Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§19.616 Records of samples.
(a) Required records. A proprietor must maintain records of all samples taken under §§19.434 and 19.435. The sample record must show the:
(1) The date that the samples were taken;
(2) The account from which taken;
(3) The purpose for which taken;
(4) The size and number of samples taken;
(5) The kind of spirits;
(6) The disposition of each sample (for example, destroyed, returned to containers or the distilling system, retained for library purposes); and
(7) The name and address of the recipient of the sample if a sample is to be analyzed or tested elsewhere than at the distilled spirits plant where taken.
(b) Sample schedule. When a proprietor takes samples pursuant to an established schedule, the proprietor may maintain the schedule as the required record if it contains the information required by paragraphs (a)(2) through (a)(7).
(26 U.S.C. 5207)