Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 26: Internal Revenue
§1.36B-5 Information reporting by Exchanges.
(a) Information required to be reported. An Exchange must report to the Internal Revenue Service and each taxpayer the following information for the qualified health plan or plans in which the taxpayer or a member of the taxpayer's family enrolls through the Exchange—
(1) The premium for the applicable benchmark plans used to compute advance credit payments and the period coverage was in effect;
(2) The total premium for the coverage in which the taxpayer or family member enrolls without reduction for advance credit payments;
(3) The aggregate amount of any advance credit payments;
(4) The name, address and Social Security number (SSN) of the primary insured and the name and SSN or adoption taxpayer identification number of each other individual covered under the policy;
(5) All information provided to the Exchange at enrollment or during the taxable year, including any change in circumstances, necessary to determine eligibility for and the amount of the premium tax credit;
(6) Any other information required in published guidance, see §601.601(d)(2) of this chapter, necessary to determine whether a taxpayer has received excess advance payments.
(b) Time of reporting. [Reserved]
(c) Manner of reporting. The Commissioner may provide rules in published guidance, see §601.601(d)(2) of this chapter, for the manner of reporting under this section.
[T.D. 9590, 77 FR 30385, May 23, 2012]