The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§803.9 What information from the reports do we disclose to the public?
(a) We may disclose to the public any report, including any FDA record of a telephone report, submitted under this part. Our disclosures are governed by part 20 of this chapter.
(b) Before we disclose a report to the public, we will delete the following:
(1) Any information that constitutes trade secret or confidential commercial or financial information under §20.61 of this chapter;
(2) Any personal, medical, and similar information, including the serial number of implanted devices, which would constitute an invasion of personal privacy under §20.63 of this chapter. However, if a patient requests a report, we will disclose to that patient all the information in the report concerning that patient, as provided in §20.61 of this chapter; and
(3) Any names and other identifying information of a third party that voluntarily submitted an adverse event report.
(c) We may not disclose the identity of a device user facility that makes a report under this part except in connection with:
(1) An action brought to enforce section 301(q) of the act, including the failure or refusal to furnish material or information required by section 519 of the act;
(2) A communication to a manufacturer of a device that is the subject of a report required to be submitted by a user facility under §803.30; or
(3) A disclosure to employees of the Department of Health and Human Services, to the Department of Justice, or to the duly authorized committees and subcommittees of the Congress.