Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§803.17 What are the requirements for developing, maintaining, and implementing written MDR procedures that apply to me?
If you are a user facility, importer, or manufacturer, you must develop, maintain, and implement written MDR procedures for the following:
(a) Internal systems that provide for:
(1) Timely and effective identification, communication, and evaluation of events that may be subject to MDR requirements;
(2) A standardized review process or procedure for determining when an event meets the criteria for reporting under this part; and
(3) Timely transmission of complete medical device reports to manufacturers or to us, or to both if required.
(b) Documentation and recordkeeping requirements for:
(1) Information that was evaluated to determine if an event was reportable;
(2) All medical device reports and information submitted to manufacturers and/or us;
(3) Any information that was evaluated for the purpose of preparing the submission of annual reports; and
(4) Systems that ensure access to information that facilitates timely followup and inspection by us.