About GPO   |   Newsroom/Media   |   Congressional Relations   |   Inspector General   |   Careers   |   Contact   |   askGPO   |   Help  
Home   |   Customers   |   Vendors   |   Libraries  
The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) annual edition is the codification of the general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the departments and agencies of the Federal Government produced by the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.

Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF

Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.

Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.

Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.


Electronic Code of Federal Regulations

e-CFR data is current as of April 24, 2015

Title 20Chapter IISubchapter BPart 204 → §204.5

Title 20: Employees' Benefits

§204.5   Employment relation—deemed service.

For the purpose of crediting deemed service months as provided in §210.3(b) of this chapter, an individual must have maintained an employment relation to one or more employers in the month or months to be deemed. For that purpose an employment relation exists with respect to any month in which an individual, although not in the active service of an employer, is on furlough subject to recall by an employer, is on a bona fide leave of absence, has not been retired or discharged but was by reason of continuous disability unable to return to service, or was not in active service because of a discharge later determined to be wrongful. However, an employment relation with respect to an employer ceases after an individual has resigned or relinquished his or her rights to return to the service of that employer or after the individual becomes entitled to receive an annuity under the Railroad Retirement Act.

Need assistance?