Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§219.59 Evidence of responsibility for or payment of burial expenses.
The Board will ask for the following evidence:
(a) The claimant's signed statement showing—
(1) That he or she accepted responsibility for the funeral home expenses or paid some or all of these expenses or other burial expenses; or the name and address of the person who accepted responsibility for or paid these expenses;
(2) Total funeral home expenses and, if necessary, the total of other burial expenses; and if someone else paid part of the expenses, that person's name, address, and the amount he or she paid;
(3) The amount of cash or property the applicant expects to receive as repayment for any burial expenses he or she paid; and whether anyone has applied for any burial allowance from the Veterans Administration or other governmental agency for these expenses; and
(4) If the claimant is an owner or official of a funeral home, a signed statement from anyone, other than employee of the home, who helped make the burial arrangements showing whether he or she accepted responsibility for paying the burial expenses.
(b) Unless the claimant is an owner or official of a funeral home, a signed statement from the owner or official of the funeral home which handled the deceased employee's funeral and, if necessary, from those who supplied other burial goods or services which shows—
(1) The name and address of everyone who accepted responsibility for or paid any part of the burial expenses; and
(2) Information which the owner or official of the funeral home and, if necessary, any other supplier has about the expenses and payments described in paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this section.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 3220-0031)