Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
§10.2 Scope and sources.
(a) The text of the publication consists of oral statements by the President or of writing subscribed by the President, and selected from transcripts or text issued by the Office of the White House Press Secretary, including—
(1) Communications to Congress;
(2) Public addresses and remarks;
(3) News conferences and interviews;
(4) Public messages and letters;
(5) Statements released on miscellaneous subjects; and
(6) Formal executive documents promulgated in accordance with law.
(b) In addition, each publication includes selections, either in full text or ancillary form, from the following groups of documents, when issued by the Press Office.
(1) Announcements of Presidential appointments and nominations;
(2) White House statements and announcements on miscellaneous subjects;
(3) Statements by the Press Secretary or Deputy Press Secretary;
(4) Statements and news conferences by senior administration officials; and
(5) Fact sheets.
[50 FR 12467, Mar. 28, 1985, as amended at 74 FR 3952, Jan. 21, 2009]