Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 17: Commodity and Securities Exchanges
§19.01 Reports on stocks and fixed price purchases and sales pertaining to futures positions in wheat, corn, oats, soybeans, soybean oil, soybean meal or cotton.
(a) Information required. Persons required to file '04 reports under §19.00(a)(1) or §19.00(a)(3) of this chapter shall file CFTC Form 304 reports for cotton and Form 204 reports for other commodities showing the composition of the fixed price cash position of each commodity hedged including:
(1) The quantity of stocks owned of such commodities and their products and byproducts.
(2) The quantity of fixed price purchase commitments open in such cash commodities and their products and byproducts.
(3) The quantity of fixed price sale commitments open in such cash commodities and their products and byproducts; and in addition for cotton,
(4) The quantity of equity in cotton held by the Commodity Credit Corporation under the provisions of the Upland Cotton Program of the Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
(5) The quantity of certificated cotton owned.
(b) Time and place of filing reports—Except for reports filed in response to special calls made under §19.00(a)(3), each report shall be made monthly, as of the close of business on the last Friday of the month, and filed at the appropriate Commission office specified in paragraph (b)(1) or (2) of this section not later than the second business day following the date of the report in the case of the 304 report and not later than the third business day following the date of the report in the case of the 204 report. Reports may be transmitted by facsimile or, alternatively, information on the form may be reported to the appropriate Commission office by telephone and the report mailed to the same office, not later than midnight of its due date.
(1) CFTC Form 204 reports with respect to transactions in wheat, corn, oats, soybeans, soybean meal and soybean oil should be sent to the Commission's office in Chicago, IL, unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Commission or its designee.
(2) CFTC Form 304 reports with respect to transactions in cotton should be sent to the Commission's office in New York, NY, unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Commission or its designee.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 3038-0009)
[43 FR 45828, Oct. 4, 1978, as amended at 46 FR 63036, Dec. 30, 1981; 57 FR 41390, Sept. 10, 1992; 71 FR 37821, July 3, 2006; 74 FR 12192, Mar. 23, 2009]