Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 17: Commodity and Securities Exchanges
§16.00 Clearing member reports.
(a) Information to be provided. Each reporting market shall submit to the Commission, in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section, a report for each business day, showing for each clearing member, by proprietary and customer account, the following information separately for futures by commodity and by future, and, for options, by underlying futures contract (for options on futures contracts) or by underlying commodity (for other commodity options), and by put, by call, by expiration date and by strike price:
(1) The total of all long open contracts and the total of all short open contracts carried at the end of the day covered by the report, excluding from open futures contracts the number of contracts against which delivery notices have been stopped or against which delivery notices have been issued by the clearing organization of the reporting market;
(2) The quantity of contracts bought and the quantity of contracts sold during the day covered by the report;
(4) The quantity of purchases of futures for commodities or for derivatives positions and the quantity of sales of futures for commodities or for derivatives positions which are included in the total quantity of contracts bought and sold during the day covered by the report, and the names of the clearing members who made the purchases or sales;
(5) For futures, the quantity of the commodity for which delivery notices have been issued by the clearing organization of the reporting market and the quantity for which notices have been stopped during the day covered by the report.
(b) Form, manner and time of filing reports. Unless otherwise approved by the Commission or its designee, reporting markets shall submit the information required by paragraph (a) of this section as follows:
(1) Using the format, coding structure, and electronic data transmission procedures approved in writing by the Commission or its designee; provided however, the information shall be made available to the Commission or its designee in hard copy upon request; and
(2) When such data is first available but not later than 12:00 p.m. on the business day following the day to which the information pertains. Unless otherwise specified by the Commission or its designee, the stated time is eastern time for information concerning markets located in that time zone, and central time for information concerning all other markets.
(c) Exclusively self-cleared contracts. Unless determined otherwise by the Commission, paragraph (a) of this section shall not apply to transactions involving exclusively self-cleared contracts.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 3038-0009)
[46 FR 54526, Nov. 3, 1981, as amended at 46 FR 63036, Dec. 30, 1981; 47 FR 57014, Dec. 22, 1982; 51 FR 4717, Feb. 7, 1986; 52 FR 18910, May 20, 1987; 62 FR 24031, May 2, 1997; 69 FR 76398, Dec. 21, 2004; 71 FR 37818, July 3, 2006; 77 FR 66333, Nov. 2, 2012]