Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 15: Commerce and Foreign Trade
§752.3 Eligible items.
(a) All items subject to the EAR, including items eligible for License Exceptions described in part 740 of the EAR, are eligible for export and reexport under the SCL, except:
(1) Items controlled for missile technology reasons that are identified by the letters MT in the applicable “Reason for Control” paragraph on the Commerce Control List (CCL) (see Supplement No. 1 to part 774 of the EAR);
(2) Items controlled by ECCNs 1C351, 1C352, 1C353, 1C354, 1C991, 1E001, 2B352, 2E001, 2E002, and 2E301 on the CCL controlled for CB reasons;
(3) Items controlled by ECCNs 1C350, 1C995, 1D390, 1E350, 1E351, 2B350, and 2B351 on the CCL that can be used in the production of chemical weapons precursors and chemical warfare agents, to destinations listed in Country Group D:3 (see Supplement No. 1 to part 740 of the EAR);
(4) Items controlled for short supply reasons that are identified by the letters “SS” in the applicable “Reason for Control” paragraph on the CCL;
(5) Items controlled for EI reasons on the CCL;
(6) Maritime (civil) nuclear propulsion systems or associated design or production software and technology identified in §744.5 of the EAR;
(7) Communications intercepting devices and related software and technology controlled by ECCNs 5A001.f.1, 5A980, 5D001 (for 5A001.f.1 or for 5E001.a (for 5A001.f.1, or for 5D001.a (for 5A001.f.1))), 5D980, 5E001.a (for 5A001.f.1, or for 5D001.a (for 5A001.f.1)) or 5E980 on the CCL;
(8) Hot section technology for the development, production or overhaul of commercial aircraft engines controlled under ECCN 9E003.a.1. through a.12. .f, and related controls;
(9) Items specifically identified as ineligible by BIS on your approved SCL; and
(10) Additional items consistent with international commitments.
(b) Items controlled for nuclear nonproliferation reasons that are identified by the letters NP in the applicable “Reason for Control” paragraph on the CCL may be authorized on a case-by-case basis provided controls are in place to screen for proscribed end-users or end-uses.
[61 FR 12835, Mar. 25, 1996, as amended at 61 FR 54543, Oct. 21, 1996; 62 FR 25463, May 9, 1997; 63 FR 42229, Aug. 7, 1998; 63 FR 50525, Sept. 22, 1998; 64 FR 13339, Mar. 18, 1999; 69 FR 5691, Feb. 6, 2004; 71 FR 67037, Nov. 20, 2006; 77 FR 39369, July 2, 2012; 78 FR 37383, June 20, 2013]