Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 14: Aeronautics and Space
§271.8 Rate period.
(a) The subsidy rate generally will be set for a 2-year period, or two consecutive 1-year periods. The Department may set the rate for a shorter period in the following situations:
(1) A commuter air carrier is replacing a larger certificated carrier at the eligible place;
(2) Traffic at the eligible place has substantially decreased;
(3) The Department considers the cost or revenue projections of the carrier for the second year to be unrealistic;
(4) It is likely that there will be changes in the eligible place essential air service level; or
(5) The uncertainties of the market or other circumstances warrant a shorter rate period.
(b) The subsidy rate established for a carrier under this part will not be changed during the rate period unless an adjustment is required in the public interest.
(c) At the end of the rate period, the carrier will not have a continuing right to receive subsidy for providing essential air service at the eligible place.
[ER-1398, 49 FR 49846, Dec. 24, 1984, as amended at 60 FR 43524, 43525, Aug. 22, 1995]