Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Publishing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
(a) This subpart prescribes the requirements governing the certification and operation of training centers. Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, this part provides an alternative means to accomplish training required by parts 61, 63, 65, 91, 121, 125, 135, or 137 of this chapter.
(b) Certification under this part is not required for training that is—
(1) Approved under the provisions of parts 63, 91, 121, 127, 135, or 137 of this chapter;
(2) Approved under subpart Y of part 121 of this chapter, Advanced Qualification Programs, for the authorization holder's own employees;
(3) Conducted under part 61 unless that part requires certification under this part;
(4) Conducted by a part 121 certificate holder for another part 121 certificate holder;
(5) Conducted by a part 135 certificate holder for another part 135 certificate holder; or
(6) Conducted by a part 91 fractional ownership program manager for another part 91 fractional ownership program manager.
(c) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, after August 3, 1998, no person may conduct training, testing, or checking in advanced flight training devices or flight simulators without, or in violation of, the certificate and training specifications required by this part.
[Doc. No. 26933, 61 FR 34562, July 2, 1996, as amended by Amdt. 142-4, 66 FR 21067, Apr. 27, 2001; Amdt. 142-5, 68 FR 54588, Sept. 17, 2003; Amdt. 142-9, 78 FR 42380, July 15, 2013]