Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 14: Aeronautics and Space
§121.569 Equipment interchange: Domestic and flag operations.
(a) Before operating under an interchange agreement, each certificate holder conducting domestic or flag operations shall show that—
(1) The procedures for the interchange operation conform with this chapter and with safe operating practices;
(2) Required crewmembers and dispatchers meet approved training requirements for the airplanes and equipment to be used and are familiar with the communications and dispatch procedures to be used;
(3) Maintenance personnel meet training requirements for the airplanes and equipment, and are familiar with the maintenance procedures to be used;
(4) Flight crewmembers and dispatchers meet appropriate route and airport qualifications; and
(5) The airplanes to be operated are essentially similar to the airplanes of the certificate holder with whom the interchange is effected with respect to the arrangement of flight instruments and the arrangement and motion of controls that are critical to safety unless the Administrator determines that the certificate holder has adequate training programs to insure that any potentially hazardous dissimilarities are safely overcome by flight crew familiarization.
(b) Each certificate holder conducting domestic or flag operations shall include the pertinent provisions and procedures involved in the equipment interchange agreement in its manuals.
[Doc. No. 6258, 29 FR 19219, Dec. 31, 1964, as amended by Amdt. 121-253, 61 FR 2614, Jan. 26, 1996]