Download the Code of Federal Regulations in XML.
The Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments produced by the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) and the Government Printing Office.
Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules for the Code of Federal Regulations and the United States Code
Text | PDF
Find, review, and submit comments on Federal rules that are open for comment and published in the Federal Register using Regulations.gov.
Purchase individual CFR titles from the U.S. Government Online Bookstore.
Find issues of the CFR (including issues prior to 1996) at a local Federal depository library.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Title 17: Commodity and Securities Exchanges
§4.27 Additional reporting by advisors of certain large commodity pools.
(a) General definitions. For the purposes of this section:
(1) Commodity pool operator or CPO has the same meaning as commodity pool operator defined in section 1a(11) of the Commodity Exchange Act;
(2) Commodity trading advisor or CTA has the same meaning as defined in section 1a(12);
(3) Direct has the same meaning as defined in section 4.10(f);
(4) Net asset value or NAV has the same meaning as net asset value as defined in section 4.10(b);
(5) Pool has the same meaning as defined in section 1(a)(10) of the Commodity Exchange Act;
(6) Reporting period means the reporting period as defined in the forms promulgated hereunder;
(b) Persons required to report. A reporting person is:
(1) Any commodity pool operator that is registered or required to be registered under the Commodity Exchange Act and the Commission's regulations thereunder; or
(2) Any commodity trading advisor that is registered or required to be registered under the Commodity Exchange Act and the Commission's regulations thereunder.
(c) Reporting. (1) Except as provided in paragraph (c)(2) of this section, each reporting person shall file with the National Futures Association, a report with respect to the directed assets of each pool under the advisement of the commodity pool operator consistent with appendix A to this part or commodity trading advisor consistent with appendix C to this part.
(2) All financial information shall be reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles consistently applied.
(d) Investment advisers to private funds. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this section, CPOs and CTAs that are dually registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and are required to file Form PF pursuant to the rules promulgated under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, shall file Form PF with the Securities and Exchange Commission in lieu of filing such other reports with respect to private funds as may be required under this section. In addition, except as otherwise expressly provided in this section, CPOs and CTAs that are dually registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and are required to file Form PF pursuant to the rules promulgated under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, may file Form PF with the Securities and Exchange Commission in lieu of filing such other reports with respect to commodity pools that are not private funds as may be required under this section. Dually registered CPOs and CTAs that file Form PF with the Securities and Exchange Commission will be deemed to have filed Form PF with the Commission for purposes of any enforcement action regarding any false or misleading statement of a material fact in Form PF.
(e) Filing requirements. Each report required to be filed with the National Futures Association under this section shall:
(1)(i) Contain an oath and affirmation that, to the best of the knowledge and belief of the individual making the oath and affirmation, the information contained in the document is accurate and complete; Provided, however, That it shall be unlawful for the individual to make such oath or affirmation if the individual knows or should know that any of the information in the document is not accurate and complete and
(ii) Each oath or affirmation must be made by a representative duly authorized to bind the CPO or CTA.
(2) Be submitted consistent with the National Futures Association's electronic filing procedures.
(f) Termination of reporting requirement. All reporting persons shall continue to file such reports as are required under this section until the effective date of a Form 7W filed in accordance with the Commission's regulations.
(g) Public records. Reports filed pursuant to this section shall not be considered Public Records as defined in §145.0 of this chapter.
[77 FR 17330, Mar. 26, 2012]